6 Tips on How To Purchase Your First DSLR Camera
There are so many digital cameras that it can be confusing trying to figure out what to purchase. Here are some tips to help you decide what the best choice is for you and that you will get the best results with.
1. The first step before you buy digital camera equipment is to set a basic budget on how much money you want to spend. You do need to be realistic about the fact you won't be able to get the best of every feature.
2. Your experience level has to have a big influence in your decision to buy digital camera equipment. There is no point in buying too much camera than you can actually use.
3. Next you need to consider what you will use your camera to capture before you set out to buy digital camera equipment. A fast shutter speed is necessary for moving subjects such as in sports. You can also buy a camera that has special features to enable you to take multiple pictures in quick succession for high-action pictures.
4. There are a number of helpful websites that give reviews on photographic products to help you decide on the best camera for your needs before you buy. Best Buy, B & H, Adorama, and just a general Google search of the model you are interested in. Of course, you can also ask friends and family about their digital camera choices if they have one. Remember that when you buy digital camera equipment there are often a list of extras that you may want to purchase, including batteries and memory cards.
5. Don't be tempted to go for what everyone else has. Everyone else’s skillset is at a different level. Yes, it is absolutely OK to ask around. But you need to keep in mind what you want to use it for.
6. Don’t base your decision off of Nikon vs. Canon. Yes, that is a very popular debate, but it truly is personal preference. If you are able to try both, do so. There are also other brands besides Canon and Nikon to consider.
I hope these tips were helpful! If you have recently purchased your first DSLR, let me know in the comments below how it went, and if you have any other tips to take into consideration!
If you are a beginner photographer, come by and join our group! You will get access to the photographer freebie vault! Its loaded with tons of free tools and resources for the beginner photographer! Just click here to join!
Want to be notified as soon as there is a new blog post? Subscribe to my blog below! They will come strait to your inbox!!
Leave a commnet below! Don’t want to fill in your real name? No problem! Just type Jane or Joe if you want! Then click “comment as a Guest!”